Starter Prayer: God who breathed life into dust, I should have known that you would use mud to heal. I should have known that you would use what was right there at your fingertips to change the world. Teach me to do the same. Amen.
Focus Word: Life Into Dust
This week we begin a new theme: Again and Again, We Are Reformed. In the weekend service, we learn that reformation is the divinely ordered, cosmic process of death and resurrection. This is a process that is natural and one we need to trust. God is always doing something new.
Be encouraged in your practice this week.
- If you haven’t yet, watch or listen to the message from the weekend.
- Read John 9:1-17.
- Questions for journaling and spiritual conversation:
- What are you passionate about?
- What do you have, and what can you use that is right at your fingertips, to lean into that passion?
- Make your plans to participate in the Good Friday Experience at Crossroads, in-person, online or on demand. We will reflect upon the hidden wisdom and true power of Christ’s Love. For the in-person option, a reservation is necessary.
- As the week unfolds, what word or phrase captures your attention? Weave your word into the prayer wall at the Taft Avenue facility; or text your word to 970-500-0970, and the prayer team will weave it into the wall for you.
- For daily texts with the Focus Word, Starter Prayer and link to these daily posts, text the word “lent” to 970-500-0970.
- Join Ryan on Facebook Live, every weekday morning at 10am for spiritual conversation on these Lent themes.
- Looking for the link to the digital devotional or your copy of the print version? Register here.
- Join the Orange Dots of Hope Facebook Group for spiritual conversations.
This is part of Again & Again: Journey of Lent 2021 with Crossroads Church. The theme, devotional booklet, poetry and art is the work of the creative community of theologians and artists at A Sanctified Art. Crossroads is grateful for this resource!