Starter Prayer: Creator God, you invited the Israelites to build houses, to build gardens, to build relationships; so there is something holy about building. Help me survey my life to imagine what you might be calling me to build today. Is it community? Is it a home? Is it new relationships? Is it deeper relationships among the people I already know and love? I want to build. Help me see. Amen.
Focus Word: Build My Life
TODAY’S SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
- Listen to the poem “Keep Digging” by Rev. Sarah Are from the weekend service.
- Read and reflect on pages 33-34 of the devotional and reflect on Hannah Garrity’s art piece called “Drawn to Love.” The link is in every Journey email. If you’re not getting those, register here.
- Read Jeremiah 29:4-7.
- Questions for reflection:
- What needs building up in your life?
- How can you start?
- Make your plans to participate in the Good Friday Experience at Crossroads, in-person, online or on demand. We will reflect upon the hidden wisdom and true power of Christ’s Love. For the in-person option, a reservation is necessary.
- As the week unfolds, what word or phrase captures your attention? Weave your word into the prayer wall at the Taft Avenue facility; or text your word to 970-500-0970, and the prayer team will weave it into the wall for you.
- For daily texts with the Focus Word, Starter Prayer and link to these daily posts, text the word “lent” to 970-500-0970.
- Join Ryan on Facebook Live, every weekday morning at 10am for spiritual conversation on these Lent themes.
- Looking for the link to the digital devotional or your copy of the print version? Register here.
- Join the Orange Dots of Hope Facebook Group for spiritual conversations.
This is part of Again & Again: Journey of Lent 2021 with Crossroads Church. The theme, devotional booklet, poetry and art is the work of the creative community of theologians and artists at A Sanctified Art. Crossroads is grateful for this resource!