Starter Prayer: Creator God, fear is like water, it runs on its own. It is powerful. A little bit of fear is a good thing. Too much fear and you’ll drown. There is much to be afraid of in this fragile life, so today I bring you the fears on my heart. See them. Relieve them. Be with me. And if at all possible, grant me peace. Amen.
Focus Word: Be With Me
TODAY’S SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
- Read and reflect on pages 33-34 of the devotional and reflect on Hannah Garrity’s art piece called “Drawn to Love.” The link is in every Journey email. If you’re not getting those, register here.
- Read Psalm 27.
- Questions for reflection:
- What things do you worry about?
- What do you fear?
- Take a moment to acknowledge those fears and lift them up in prayer.
- Make your plans to participate in the Good Friday Experience at Crossroads, in-person, online or on demand. We will reflect upon the hidden wisdom and true power of Christ’s Love. For the in-person option, a reservation is necessary.
- As the week unfolds, what word or phrase captures your attention? Weave your word into the prayer wall at the Taft Avenue facility; or text your word to 970-500-0970, and the prayer team will weave it into the wall for you.
- For daily texts with the Focus Word, Starter Prayer and link to these daily posts, text the word “lent” to 970-500-0970.
- Join Ryan on Facebook Live, every weekday morning at 10am for spiritual conversation on these Lent themes.
- Looking for the link to the digital devotional or your copy of the print version? Register here.
- Join the Orange Dots of Hope Facebook Group for spiritual conversations.
This is part of Again & Again: Journey of Lent 2021 with Crossroads Church. The theme, devotional booklet, poetry and art is the work of the creative community of theologians and artists at A Sanctified Art. Crossroads is grateful for this resource!