Starter Prayer: Jesus of Nazareth, you wept tears for Lazarus, which means you know what grief feels like. We wish that you could miraculously heal all losses like you did with Lazarus, for death is never fair or convenient. However, we ask that you simply grieve with us. Cry with us. Go to the graveside with us. Unbind our grief and walk with us. Amen.
Focus Word: Unbind
TODAY’S SPIRITUAL PRACTICE:
- Read and reflect on pages 35-36 of the devotional. The link is in every Journey email. If you’re not getting those, register here.
- Read John 11:28-34.
- Questions for reflection:
- What do you grieve in this world?
- What does that grief feel like?
- What unbinds or loosens that hurt?
- Make your plans to participate in the Good Friday Experience at Crossroads, in-person, online or on demand. We will reflect upon the hidden wisdom and true power of Christ’s Love. For the in-person option, a reservation is necessary.
- As the week unfolds, what word or phrase captures your attention? Weave your word into the prayer wall at the Taft Avenue facility; or text your word to 970-500-0970, and the prayer team will weave it into the wall for you.
- For daily texts with the Focus Word, Starter Prayer and link to these daily posts, text the word “lent” to 970-500-0970.
- Join Ryan on Facebook Live, every weekday morning at 10am for spiritual conversation on these Lent themes.
- Looking for the link to the digital devotional or your copy of the print version? Register here.
- Join the Orange Dots of Hope Facebook Group for spiritual conversations.
This is part of Again & Again: Journey of Lent 2021 with Crossroads Church. The theme, devotional booklet, poetry and art is the work of the creative community of theologians and artists at A Sanctified Art. Crossroads is grateful for this resource!