“Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble…. A person standing alone can be defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Celebrate Recovery understands the power of group. For some of us, our very lives depend on the power of God and the power of group. Our lies, secrets, fierce independence and unwillingness to let God and people come into our lives creates untold pain and suffering. We learned in Step two what our insanity was—doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. “I can do it by myself; I don’t need anyone’s help; yeah, I believe in God, but I don’t need him with this problem.”
This affliction towards self-reliance has to be smashed, for its nothing more than playing God. I don’t know about you, but when I play God, when self-will rules the day, I’m headed for problems. At best, the results are poor and at worst, downright devastating. It‘s not until we start to rely on God to help with our problems that real positive change occurs. When we open up to others and work out our difficulties, we move forward in our recoveries.
So what can we do to regain our Sanity? We can start by recognizing that we are all imperfect and we are going to fall short of the mark. The real question is: what do we do with this knowledge? The solution is found in God through his word and his recovery program:
- Work God’s 12-step program like your life depends on it, because it does.
- Grow in wisdom through prayer, reading of the word, and meditation.
- Stay connected to sponsors and accountability partners.
- Go to meetings; go to church.
- Practice these principles in all your affairs.
- Live a life of service.
God loves you; Jesus died for you; His Spirit lives in you! Say “yes” to Jesus and live Love!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
May 6-12, 2019
Friday, May 10: Testimony Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dessert for you. Please join us for dessert and fellowship.
- 6:30pm: Please join us for an hour of worship and a Celebrate Recovery testimony.
- 7:30pm: Open Share Groups.
- 8:30pm: Solid Rock Café