Coffee With A Cause: Three Avocados
OUR CURRENT COFFEE PARTNER
Starting January 16, Coffee with a Cause is teaming up with Three Avocados to serve their Uganda Bugisu Coffee. This 100% Arabica, single origin African coffee, is grown on the slopes of Mt. Elgon, in the Bugisu region. It has a clean, bold taste with hints of bittersweet chocolate.
Three Avocados is a non-profit coffee company. 100% of their net proceeds provide clean drinking water throughout the world. Their coffee is grown in Uganda and Nicaragua, by small farmers. They pay fair prices for high quality coffee to deliver you an amazing cup of coffee that also provides amazing benefits for the countries where the coffee is grown.
Stop by the coffee station during a weekend service and enjoy a cup of coffee—with a cause.
ABOUT COFFEE WITH A CAUSE
The Coffee With A Cause vision is to connect the human experience of drinking a great cup of coffee with the human desire to do great good in the world. We will address several of the “Five Unacceptable Truths” by purchasing (and offering for sale) coffee from an organization that returns a greater percentage of the coffee dollar to coffee farmers and cooperatives in developing areas of the world. Supporting coffee farmers and cooperatives will reduce poverty, illiteracy and modern-day slavery.
This approach allows us to purchase coffee from smaller organizations that reflect Crossroads values, including dignity, cooperation, and community. They also link diverse democratically run groups and social change organizations together in a network of mutual aid.
We support organizations that:
- Help under-resourced groups of people (eg. farmers and artisans and their families) gain more control over their economic futures.
- Educate consumers about trade issues affecting farmers and artisans.
- Provide high-quality foods and products that nourish the body and the soul.
- Are controlled by the people who do the actual work.
- Invest in future generations of children and young people.
- Exist as a community of dedicated individuals who believed that honesty, respect, and mutual benefit are integral to any worthwhile endeavor.