Starter Prayer: Gracious God. Give us the ability to sense your presence in both momentary and monumental divine meetings.
Focus Word: Meetings
And so we begin the First (full) Week of Lent. May you be blessed with restful and rejuvenating days.
(By the way, we haven’t talked about “giving things up” for Lent. Have you felt prompted to set anything aside in order to create a healthier environment for your soul? More often than not, I don’t have a specific “fast” during Lent, but this year I do. More and more I’m finding how much freedom is available to me that I’m not currently experiencing. Fasting from something that has too much of my attention is a way into more freedom and joy.
- Read pp. 7-8 the devotional, Again & Again. The link is in every Journey email. If you’re not getting those, register here.
- Read Mark 1:9-15.
- Questions for journaling and spiritual conversation:
- What did you notice in Rev. Denise Anderson’s comments on the Mark passage?
- What new learning can you take with you for reflection today?
- How can you keep the Focus Word or Starter Prayer with you today?
- For daily texts with the Focus Word, Starter Prayer and link to these daily posts, text the word “lent” to 970-500-0970.
- Join Ryan on Facebook Live, every weekday morning at 10am for spiritual conversation on these Lent themes.
- Looking for the link to the digital devotional or your copy of the print version? Register here.
- Join the Orange Dots of Hope Facebook Group for spiritual conversations.
This is part of Again & Again: Journey of Lent 2021 with Crossroads Church. The theme, devotional booklet, poetry and art is the work of the creative community of theologians and artists at A Sanctified Art. Crossroads is grateful for this resource!