Coffee With A Cause
OUR CURRENT COFFEE PARTNER
Starting August 22, Coffee with a Cause is teaming up with Preemptive Love and their End War Coffee. This medium-bodied coffee comes from Honduras.
Proceeds from this coffee will benefit Preemptive Love’s work in Mexico. Preemptive Love has distributed emergency supplies for asylum seekers waiting in El Paso. They’ve equipped one shelter with solar panels, sourcing all labor and supplies locally, providing comfort and safety for asylum seekers. They’re working to provide safer shelter for LGBTQ+ asylum seekers who fled persecution at home and now face persecution while they wait. They’re also in the early stages of launching a mobile tech hub to provide training and freelance work for refugees—without having to leave the safety of their shelter.
Stop by the coffee station during a weekend service and enjoy a cup of coffee—with a cause.
ABOUT COFFEE WITH A CAUSE
The Coffee With A Cause vision is to connect the human experience of drinking a great cup of coffee with the human desire to do great good in the world. We will address several of the “Five Unacceptable Truths” by purchasing (and offering for sale) coffee from an organization that returns a greater percentage of the coffee dollar to coffee farmers and cooperatives in developing areas of the world. Supporting coffee farmers and cooperatives will reduce poverty, illiteracy and modern-day slavery.
This approach allows us to purchase coffee from smaller organizations that reflect Crossroads values, including dignity, cooperation, and community. They also link diverse democratically run groups and social change organizations together in a network of mutual aid.
We support organizations that:
- Help under-resourced groups of people (eg. farmers and artisans and their families) gain more control over their economic futures.
- Educate consumers about trade issues affecting farmers and artisans.
- Provide high-quality foods and products that nourish the body and the soul.
- Are controlled by the people who do the actual work.
- Invest in future generations of children and young people.
- Exist as a community of dedicated individuals who believed that honesty, respect, and mutual benefit are integral to any worthwhile endeavor.