“Since we have such a huge crowd of men of faith watching us from the grandstands, let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back, and especially those sins that wrap themselves so tightly around our feet and trip us up; and let us run with patience the particular race that God has set before us.” Hebrews 12:1
How many times in our lives have we said “I Can’t”. Everyone at some point in time has said that phrase, and there is some truth in “I Can’t”. There are some things we simply cannot do on our own!
The list of “I Can’t” is long, but here are a few:
- Recover on your own.
- Stop drinking on your own.
- Forgive the person(s) who have hurt you, molested you, imprisoned you.
- Stop controlling others, fixing others, manipulating others.
- Stop getting involved in the next bad relationship.
- Stop the midnight run to the refrigerator.
- Stop downloading pornography.
- Stop anger and resentment from destroying my life.
- Fix myself.
There are things only God can do. There is an old saying in recovery: “I Can’t-God Can!” The journey of becoming more like Christ (recovery) is to experience the transformation from “I can’t” to “I can.” God surrounds us with people who will nudge us forward as we start to believe in “I Can because We Can because He Can!”
- Make it through recovery.
- Write out that inventory.
- Give your character defects to God.
- Make those amends.
- Offer forgiveness.
- Have healthy relationships.
- Find true intimacy.
- Lead a group, a 12-step group, a team.
- Be a sponsor.
- Find peace in chaos.
- Give back to your church.
- Experience joy.
- Find purpose and passion.
- Through Christ all things are possible!
- Love God, love people, Jesus first!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
June 4-10, 2018
Friday, June 8: Testimony Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for dinner and fellowship.
- 7pm: Join us for an hour of worship and a testimony from Danny.
- 8pm: Open Share Groups.
- 9pm: Solid Rock Café.
Saturday, June 9: CR Leader Meeting