“That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Mark 4:35
“The Other Side.” In today’s worldview that could mean, let’s go over and talk with one of “those people.” Who are those people? I guess it depends on your perspective. It could be anyone outside your comfort zone, class or status. It could be the down and out, the drunk or addict, the lost, the homeless. It could be a divorcee, a single mom or parents struggling with prodigal kids. There was a time I thought I was one of those people, being a member of AA and then Celebrate Recovery for many years.
What may be surprising to some is that a third of the people coming to CR are working on alcohol and chemical addiction recovery. Two thirds come for other issues: relational, co-dependency, grief, anger, lust, un-forgiveness, food, abuse, control… to name a few. We have some people that may not know what is wrong in their lives; they just know that something is. If you have a hurt, habit or hang-up CR can help you.
Crossroads Church remains committed to reaching people for Jesus. It was fourteen years ago that pastors, led by John Smith, went to the birthplace of CR, Saddleback Church, learned the principles of the program and brought it back to Crossroads Church. A lot has happened over the years, but because of leadership commitment and a lot of volunteers, CR at Crossroads will celebrate fourteen years of service in April. God is using the CR program to bring the life changing message that Jesus heals, that Jesus loves us, that Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. You are never too far gone to come back to Jesus.
Jesus went to the other side of the lake not to mock “those people”, but to cast out demons from one man. On his return trip, because of the testimony of a changed and transformed man, a great crowd was waiting and he healed them. Your testimony may be the only bible someone has ever heard, keep telling your story, keep sharing your experience, strength and hope, and keep telling people what Jesus has done for you.
“In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male nor female, for all are one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
Thank you Crossroads Church for keeping the front door open for everyone who is in need. We are all one of those people, imperfect people loved by Jesus.
Love God, love people, Jesus first!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
February 19-25, 2018
Friday, February 23: Celebration Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for dinner and fellowship.
- 7pm: Join us for an hour of worship and celebration. If you have a recovery birthday or milestone, please come and share it with us!
- 8pm: Open Share Groups.
- 9pm: Sold Rock Café.
- All CR Groups are cancelled tonight, February 19, due to inclement weather.
- A new Women’s Mixed Issue 12-Step Group has started and meets every Monday at 6:30pm in room 211 at the Crossroads Loveland Campus.
- A new Men’s Chemical Addiction 12-Step Group has started and meets every Monday from 6:30-8pm in the Crossroads Loveland Conference Room. For more details, contact [email protected].
- A new Men’s Mixed Issue 12-Step Group is starting on February 19, 6:30-8pm. For more details, contact [email protected].