Inspired by a story of the early church in Acts 6, Stephen Ministers are trained, compassionate listeners who walk alongside others. They provide skilled and Christ-centered care in times of need. A Stephen Minister can meet with you regularly for as long as you need. They won’t have all the answers, but they offer their focused support.
Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A Crossroads member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A volunteer with 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring friend who listens, prays, supports and encourages.
- Faithful and available for weekly, confidential meetings… as long as there is a need.
Would you like a Stephen Minister?
We all experience challenges in life. Sometimes we need the focused support of a spiritually wise and sensitive friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to serve when you face difficulty such as…
- Loss of a loved one
- Surgery or illness
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or job crisis
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage or infertility
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
Do you know someone who could benefit from a Stephen Minister?
Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker or relative who is hurting: Crossroads cares, and Stephen Ministers are available to meet with people inside and outside of Crossroads Church.
Contact us today!
Stephen Leaders are available for a confidential conversation with you or someone you know. To get started, call or email Linda Turkiewicz at [email protected] or 970.203.9201. Someone from our team will meet with you, learn about your need and match you with a Stephen Minister.