“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.” Romans 12:1
Saying “yes” to Jesus sounds easy enough, but there will be times when the meaning and depth of our decision will be tested as our faith grows. I said “yes” to Jesus at twenty four then went down the tubes for the next ten years, destroying my life and hurting my family. I’m not proud of that fact, but I am responsible for it. I said “yes” to Jesus then metaphorically put him on the bench as I played out my selfish wants and desires as I continued to play God. I said “yes” to Jesus, but did not say “no” to self. Most everyone I know in Celebrate Recovery has gotten sideways with God in some areas of their lives. If you want a new life, you have to get sober first. If you want a new life, you have to overcome the past that is holding you down. If you want a new life, you have to walk through the fear. If you want a new life you have to take that leap of faith.
If you want a new life you have to say “yes” to Jesus. How do we that? Just answer the following questions.
- Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for me and showed He was God by coming back to life? (1 Corinthians 15:2-4)
- Accept God’s free forgiveness for my sins? (Romans 3:22)
- Switch to God’s plan for my life? (Mark 1:16)
- Express my desire for Christ to be the director of my life? (Romans 10:9)
If you answered “yes” then you have started or restarted your faith journey. Congratulations!!
Don’t do what I did and give lip service to Jesus. Instead go to church, develop relationships with Christ followers, and let God be the director of your life.
God loves you; Jesus died for you; His spirit lives in you! Say Yes to Jesus and live Love!
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
March 11-17, 2019
Friday, March 15: Lesson Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for food and fellowship.
- 6:30pm: Please join us for an hour of worship and a recovery message.
- 7:30pm: Open Share Groups.
- 8:30pm: Solid Rock Café