“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12:17-18
Resentment is the number one destroyer of my sobriety, it is the thief of my serenity, and it is the darkness that separates me from God and relationships. Resentment is the attitude that opens the door for Satan, as he would have us believe that self-righteous anger and resentment are justified.
In Celebrate Recovery we can be grateful for the process God has given us to overcome our resentments. It starts with looking at the cause of the resentment, understanding our part in it, humbly asking God to remove our shortcomings, making amends for harm we have done and forgiving those who have harmed us. That’s steps 4-9. As we progress in our recovery, we can do this on a daily basis, that’s Step 10: “We continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admitted it.” Principle 7: “Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.”
Some of us are new to the process; some have been at it for years. Nobody I know works these steps perfectly; we all fall down at times only to get back up again, engage the process, and continue to move forward. CR Quote: “Causing an injury puts you below your enemy. Avenging an injury makes you even with him. Forgiving him sets you one above him. But more importantly it sets you Free.”
“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.” James 3:13
Love God, love people, Jesus first!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
February 12-18, 2018
Friday, February 16: Lesson Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for dinner and fellowship.
- 7pm: Join us for an hour of worship and a teaching on Step 4: “Spiritual Inventory Part 2.”
- 8pm: Open Share Groups.
- 9pm: Sold Rock Café.
- A new Women’s Mixed Issue 12-Step Group has started and meets every Monday at 6:30pm in room 211 at the Crossroads Loveland Campus.
- A new Men’s Chemical Addiction 12-Step Group is starting on February 12, 6:30-8pm in the Crossroads Loveland Conference Room. For more details, contact [email protected].
- A new Men’s Mixed Issue 12-Step Group is starting on February 19, 6:30-8pm. For more details, contact [email protected].