“Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we were in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin.” Romans 3:24-25
It’s early Christmas morning and the quiet peace I find in morning meditation will soon explode into frenetic energy as the grand kids awaken to open their gifts. What the kids may not understand fully yet is that the greatest gift of all is found in Jesus, God’s perfect gift to us. And not only are we blessed in receiving Him we are also blessed in sharing this perfect and greatest gift with others. Christmas is not a one day event, but an attitude we can share everyday as we receive and extend God’s love.
“With the passage of time and increased maturity, our excitement regarding Christmas may change. But our reason for celebrating grows deeper and more meaningful as our focus shifts from gifts to Christ. Now the tree reminds us of the tree Jesus died on to pay for our sins. The lights testify that He is the Light of the World, and the gifts are a mere shadow of the greatest gift ever given – Jesus Christ.” -Charles Stanley
If you are struggling this morning, feeling alone, feeling far from God, please know that many of us in recovery have felt the same way. You may feel far from God, but he is not far from you. His love for you is real and he wants to be in a relationship with you. God is asking you to return home to Him, what better way on this Christmas Day to do just that.
Love God, love people, Jesus first!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
December 25-31, 2017
Friday, December 29: Celebration Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for dinner and fellowship.
- 7pm: Join us for a very special evening of Worship and Celebration. If you have a recovery Birthday to share, please share it with us. Let others hear what God has been dong in your life.
- 7pm: Middle and High school students are invited to a Special Christmas Party just for them; it’s going to be wonderful!! Check it out in room 211.
- 8pm: Open Share Groups
- 9pm: Sold Rock Café
- A new Men’s 12-Step Group has started and meets every Monday at 6:30pm in room 146. Enrollment is open.
- A New Women’s Mixed Issue 12-Step Group is forming now. Start date is January 22 at 6:30pm.