“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.” Philippians 4:6
With everything that goes on in life how do we keep a healthy balance? I got to be honest with you, this is really hard stuff and I have spent as much time failing at it as I have been successful. Some of the situation’s I have encountered over the years may sound familiar to you. Spending too much time trying to “get recovery’ and missing out on living recovery/life. Giving too much time to church and ministry and neglecting family. Giving everything we have to our career and having nothing left for family. Failing to live a healthy lifestyle because we’re too busy. When life deals us a bad card and we find ourselves overwhelmed trying to stay afloat, working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet, dealing with sickness, kids, school; the struggles of life.
One thing I have learned about having a healthy balance in life is to accept that life by nature is out of balance—not necessarily a bad thing—just a reality. There are times in life that certain events require a disproportionate amount of our time, and when that happens, other areas in our life take a back seat. What little I’ve learned about balance is that it is never static but is always dynamic. And with that reality, my relationship with God is all important and my dependency on Him is vital. CR has some great tools that can help us live in better balance with God, ourselves, and with others. Once we have worked through Steps 1-9 (taking care of our past), Steps 10-12 help us to keep current in our relationships, helping us to prioritize what is really important in our life, and grow in becoming more Christ like.
How to know when you are out of Balance: My Top 10 Fun List!
- You come home from work late and your spouse wasn’t expecting you until next week.
- You come home early from work and your spouse wishes you had stayed at work.
- You spend more time with your sponsor than you do with your family.
- You not only forget your children’s names, but can’t remember what they look like.
- You pray once a week and that’s too much.
- You pray constantly but never put those prayers to action.
- You answer your home phone by your work title rather than just saying hello.
- You know your church phone number, but not your home number.
- You think there are 32 hours in a day and can’t figure out why you can’t get anything done.
- And the number 1 reason that you might be out of balance: You think you are perfectly in balance.
Make it a great week this week. Trust God to do his part, but don’t forget to do yours!
Dana Cramer // Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads
Celebrate Recovery at Crossroads Church Calendar
August 20-26, 2018
Friday, August 24: Lesson Night
- 6pm: Our Hospitality Team is preparing a wonderful dinner for you. Please join us for food and fellowship.
- 7pm: Join us for an hour of worship and a recovery message from Danny :: “Getting Right With God”
- 8pm: Open Share Groups.
- 9pm: Solid Rock Café.